Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Food Blog Post

Hello and welcome to my Fantastic Food Blog! I love to cook, I love to eat, and I love to talk about food-- it's one of my favorite subjects! Food has always been important in my family. I was very lucky growing up because my Mom and my grandma loved gardening. We had fresh vegetables at our disposal most of the year and my grandparents raised chickens, cattle and other animals for our family. We were incredibly lucky and incredibly blessed and I'm forever thankful that we had such wonderful food opportunities.

I was also lucky because everyone in the family loved to cook: my Mom, my Dad, all of my grandparents and other relatives. I was so spoiled by good food that I don't like to eat junk, or junk that passes for food these days. Don't get me wrong, I do eat junk food from time to time, but when it comes to meals...give me home cookin'!!

When I was a kid and I ate my first fast food burger, at first I just couldn't figure out why it didn't taste good. It's funny because back then, fast food joints actually used real meat most of the time and not the nasty stuff they use now.

Anyway, my goal these days is to encourage people to eat healthier and stay away from foods that are full of chemicals and crap. Really, there's just no better word for some of the food out there, especially that pre-processed junk. Keep it simple and keep it pure--that's my food motto!

Well, I'll be back again for another post soon. Until then, I leave you with these words: "Stay away from Frankenfood!"


No comments: