Sunday, July 30, 2023

Microwave Corn on the Cob?

 


Question: Can I microwave corn on the cob? 

Answer: Yes! Absolutely!

 If this is not on your "microwave list," please add it with confidence. I am totally addicted now, thanks to my Mom.

Just peel back the shucks, remove the cornsilk, rinse, then pull the shucks back up. Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.* Done and done! Perfectly cooked, excellent flavor. Add your favorite toppings. 

I didn't consider this to be a good food item to cook in a microwave. I never even gave it a thought. I'm not even sure where Mom found out about it, but I would love to send that person a big "thank you." 

I have not yet tried it without shucks, since we were in season when this craze started in our house. Maybe damp paper towels would suffice. I will update later when I try it with "shuckless" corn. 😄

*Note:: Instructions fit microwaves that are 1200 watts. 


No comments: