Monday, August 21, 2023

Hoity-Toity Turkey Sandwich

 


Hoity-Toity Turkey Sandwich...so dubbed because my Mom accused me of making a "fancy" sandwich with a couple of extra ingredients. 😂😂😂 (She was kidding, btw.) 😆

I wanted to ramp up the bland turkey, and I'll be dipped! It was even better than I expected. 

So here are the ingredients and the order of layers, so you may capture the same great flavors. (Because we all know that the order of layers on a sandwich definitely makes a difference.)

*Please note that I used homemade Creamy Parmesan dressing (that I made for salad the night before. I'll have to post that on the blog too).

Hoity-Toity Turkey Sandwich Construction Instructions

2 slices of Nature's Own white wheat bread - toasted

Very thin layer of mayo on both sides (maybe a scant teaspoon's worth. I used Duke's).

1 slice of provolone (Sargento regular sized slice, not the thin one. If you have the thin ones, use 2).

2 slices of bland ass oven-roasted turkey (Oscar Meyer frisbee-meat turkey). 

Sprinkle ground black pepper on the turkey.

A layer of lettuce, I used romaine (without the rib).

Sliced Roma tomato for next layer.

S&P (don't overdo it though, use more P than S).

Drizzle with creamy Parmesan dressing, just a tsp. or tsp. & a half. 

Then a layer of fresh avocado slices. 

Top with the other slice of toasted bread and dig in! 

If you make it and like it, let me know...or share your variations. I have one already. Remove turkey=Instant vegetarian! I bet it would be just as good. 😊

No comments: