Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Costco Product Review: Safe Catch Ahi Tuna

 


This tuna is outstanding! 

I'm sending a huge, "Thank you!" to Costco for making this product available. 

There is nothing in the can except tuna that was cooked in its own juices, and a little sea salt. The flavor is out of this world. This is easily the best canned tuna I have ever had thus far. 

It knocked my previous favorite, tuna in a glass jar, down to second place. Now that one was good. REALLY good, but this one is so much better! 

I will be picking up a jar though, so I can do a side-by-side comparison of these two, just to confirm. We can't get it locally, but on the next H.E.B. trip, I am making a beeline for that jar. I found out that some H.E.B.s carry the Safe Catch tuna too, so I'll be looking for that as well. 

I have some pics below. I should have taken a pic before I separated it in the bowl. It was indeed a tuna steak. It was fabulous "as is," so I didn't want to add much to it on this first go round. I just added a bit of S&P, a little lemon juice, a dash of extra virgin olive oil, and about a tablespoon of mayo. (Duke's).

I had to stop myself from eating more than one sandwich. It didn't need any accompaniments either, like tuna usually does. 

Simply excellent! 

I visited the company's website and found that they also have salmon, sardines, and mackerel, made the same way. If you order from the site, ground shipping in the U.S. is free. They also sell pouches of tuna and have a recycling program for those: Send the empty pouches in for them to recycle and they will reward you with a coupon to use for ordering from their website. 

Check the website out by clicking on the link below: 



Here is a photo of the tuna: 


And a photo of the tuna after I added the few ingredients mentioned above:



The Label




They are serious about the quality of their product, and it shows. There is no BS about this product. The proof is in the taste. Get some as soon as you can and try it! 

Happy Eating! 

No comments: