Friday, September 22, 2023

Kolache with Monkfruit - A Successful Experiment

 


I finally got around to making some kolache with monk fruit and I am satisfied with this first round of testing. 😆

I have used monk fruit in the past but never with yeasted dough. No adverse affects, at least not with this batch. I'll be doing more testing soon. 

The posipka was also made with the monkfruit, and while initially there was a bit of a cooling feeling on the tongue, (from the sugar alcohol that is combined with the monkfruit), after baking, this was not an issue. 

I just have to note that the cherry filling had 1-2 tsps. of sugar because I already had it on hand for another project. The monkfruit won't be a problem as a sweetener for cherries, so I'm not worried about it. 

Here we have "almost" no added sugar. 😆

So...until the next time we meet on Kolache Avenue...happy eating! 😉


No comments: